With Auto Scan, all buttons, fields, frames and links are automatically highlighted in a timed sequential manner. All the user has to do is click on the desired icon or link when it is highlighted. In this mode, you don't have to move the cursor around the screen. In fact, the cursor is not even visible. All you have to do is simply wait until the desired area is highlighted. Auto Scan automatically identifies all the links and frames on a web page and highlights them one after the other.
The Auto Scan parameters can be customized as follows:
- Select the key or button that will perform the click.
- Click Timeout (sec):
- This feature is only available for single switch users. It sets the time that the user has to hold down the selection key in order to perform the click. This feature is enabled only when the Selection Key and the Reverse Direction Key are the same.
- Reverse Direction Key:
- Double switch users can select a second key on the keyboard or a second button on the mouse to reverse the direction of scanning (i.e. backward or forward). If the Selection Key and the Reverse Direction Key are the same, then any single click will change the scanning direction. Selection is activated by holding down the key.
- Blinking Interval:
- This is the blinking interval between the two colored borders. This feature is designed to be used to reduce the risk of seizures that are induced by specific flash rate frequencies.
- Color 1:
- Choose the first color of the border.
- Color 2:
- Choose the second color of the border.
- This is the time delay before Auto Scan jumps to the next link.
- List Items:
- This is the time delay that applies to a list of selectable items.
- This is the time delay that applies to scanning the onscreen keyboard.
The way a function or button is highlighted is very simple. There are two different borders or markers that represent the scanner. By choosing two different colors, the user will easily see which button or function is highlighted.
Use this mouse method: By enabling this function, you are choosing this mouse mode. As soon as you click on OK or Apply, it is activated and ready to be used.